Next, in my treatment plan was to see the endocrinologist at the University. He explained that we were going to try the RAI (Radioactive Iodine) treatment first, but there was a problem. Since I had a CT Scan with contrast before coming back to the states, I would have to wait two more months before I was able to receive RAI (Radioactive Iodine) as the contrast will interfere with the RAI and I need more time to get that contrast agent out of my system so that the RAI would be effective. That was another devastating blow to me as I wanted to get back to my family! Unfortunately, my husband’s company would not authorize sending me back to Japan and then to return back for the Radiation Iodine treatment and so I had to stay here in the United States until I was able to receive my treatments.